Growing your business in these days is associated with a lot more risk factors due to involvement of technology. The brand image should need to be maintained across the browsing websites. These days, people are not limited to the official website.
The social media platforms, online review corners and blog posts that leave an impact on your overall image. It can prove damaging when your brand name is associated with spam or ripoff search term.
Imagine, what a negative comment would do to your brand. It creates an instant negative feeling when something bad is out there against your brand. Your marketing strategy should include an overall surveys of the comments and reviews to manage the brand image.
Impact of Online Reviews On A Brand:
A Consumer Local Survey 2017 which was conducted by Bright Local has published some facts and figures regarding the impact the online reviews create.
According to their Report;
- 97% of consumers refer to the online reviews.
- About 85% surfers show their confidence in such reviews.
- 49% clients require that the online reviews should at least offer 4 stars before proceeding to buying a business.
- Local business is affected more by such reviews (73% customers). People trust the local buyers and their experience with the company.
The figures seem hurting. But if we tell you that you have got a chance to make things right? Yes, with little effort and proper management, you can maintain your customer numbers. At the end of the day your goal is the more number of happy customers and a positive brand image in the market. So let’s get started.
How to Manage Online Reviews:
We can break down the process in three sections or steps.
- Online Reputation Monitoring
- Online Reputation Management
- Online Reviews
Online Reputation Monitoring:
The very first thing you need to do is to get in touch with the websites and social media platforms that offer reviews. It helps you to analyze market trends and the customer’s needs. This is known as social media listening or web monitoring.
The negative comments can be helpful when they are constructive. However, if they prove damaging to your business then they need to be managed. Visiting multiple sites let you gain a wider prospect of your brand and your competitor’s brand.
You can devise your monitoring strategy accordingly. You can use some tools to get instant alerts regarding your brand.
- Google Alerts: Try using most searched keywords related to the brand and add them to the Google Alert. Whenever some comment, post, or a review is posted, you will get notified right away.
- Talk walk Alerts: Another handy tool is at your disposal. You can receive notifications from various social media forums, discussion corners, and blog posts.
- IFTTT: You can use to get instant alerts. Whenever your brand name or specified keywords are used online, you will be directed to that site.
Online Reputation Management
Managing your brand image online manually does not seem promising. It requires faster and modern tools to manage things at micro level. We have gathered here some handy tools to make your life easier.
- Delighted helps you to record valuable feedback from your customers.
- Bird Eye let you record the brand reviews and manage complaints accordingly.
- Tweet Deck proves helpful when it comes to social media platforms.
- Get Five Stars makes it easy for you to record the customer reviews and maintain an online rating.
- Complaint Search Box is a handy tool to mark out negative reviews. The services offered by it includes an extensive research on 40+ online reviews sites across Google engine.
- Review Trackers is an amazing search tool to monitor reviews across 80+ online sites.
More About Online Reviews
When it comes to online reviews then you will need to show patience. Because sometimes they are constructive but at the same time, they can be harsh as well. If you have small business then you may not spend much time maintaining review streak.
In such case, one bad comment will create much larger impact.
Try maintaining product reviews by the customers. It will include a larger public opinion and will throw a positive image. There are four ways to cover this aspect.
- Blog Posts
Short and detailed blogs exploring your products and their live reviews create a huge impact. It will let customers gain a deep insight into the products specifications and what people think about it in the market.
The blogs should get published on the top rated reviewing sites. Such sites are a direct way to reach the market.
- Video Advertising
Short ads of few seconds’ length can keep the brand name charged, renowned and well rated. The content should be specific and engaging enough to grab customer attraction.
You will have to spend few dollars on this. However, these few dollars can let you earn million. Try to introduce and summarize your product in key words with a captivating tag line.
- Buy the services of renowned journalists and online servers
When the name or face of celebrity or a well-known personality gets attached with a brand, it gives it a hype. Buy the services of journalists, star icons and let your brand earn the highest reputation.